In Part 2 of our on-location Deer Talk Now series with Chris Jorde at Heart J Outfitters in South Dakota, DTN host Dan Schmidt provides insights on the 3 biggest things you can do to get the drop on a big buck early in the bowhunting season.
Also, Dan and Chris answer your other questions:
1. Can I have too many stands on my property?
2. What should I do if I don’t have trees suitable for hanging tree stands?
3. What are the keys to placing and hunting from ground blinds?
4. How do I go about locating a mature buck’s preferred bedding area?
5. Will trail cameras spook deer out of their bedding areas?
6. What should I plant to attract deer in the early season?
Originally Aired September 29, 2014